Senior Data Engineer
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure to greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud based data processing technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including Business User, BI Development team, and Analytics team to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines (ETL/ELT), architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Must have experience in operating RDBMS and working with relational SQL (Postgres/Oracle/MS SQL/MySQL)
- Must have experience in operating Data Warehouse-scale RDBMS (Terradata/Netezza/Exadata)
- Must have experience in working with ETL tools such as Pentaho/Talend/DataStage/Ab-initio
- Must have experience in working with BI tools such as Cognos/BusinessObjects/Tableau/Microstrategy
- Must have experience in operating linux based system (Ubuntu/Red Hat/CentOS)
- Preferably have experience in working with NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Preferably have experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Preferably have experience with cloud services such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure.
- Preferably have experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Preferably experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc
Min. Experience: 3 years